At Barkoff Dental the safety of our patients and our staff is of the utmost concern. We have done thorough research and are employing the latest technologies to ensure your visit to our office is safe. Infection control protocols are a priority and we have made a number of updates in addition to our already rigorous infection control protocols. These include:
- Hypochlorous Acid Cleaning and Disinfection- All operatories and waiting areas will be fogged with Hypochlorous acid electrolyzed water between patients. Hypochlorous Acid cleaning has quickly become the gold standard for disinfecting facilities. It is incredibly effective in killing pathogens, but because the technology allows it to be made on site using only salt and water, it is extremely safe.
- Medical HEPA Filtration- Every operatory, laborator, front desk and waiting area is now equipped with medical grade HEPA Filtration capable of cleaning and exchanging air in each room every 15 minutes.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)- All clinical team members have had their PPE upgraded. N95 respirators will be the standard as well as new disposable gowns will be worn. Face shields have also been procured for use by the clinical team. These steps are intended to protect both the patient and the clinical team member.
- Temperature Readings- All team members and patients will have their temperature taken upon arrival with a non-contact thermometer and will sign an attestation that they are not experiencing symptoms. Any patients or team members experiencing symptoms of any respiratory illness will be asked to go home immediately.
- Social Distancing- Where possible we will be coordinating patient flow through the office to ensure we follow proper social distancing protocols. We ask that patients limit the family and friends that accompany them to their appointments. We kindly ask that companions, with the exception of parents of minors, to please wait in their cars.
- High Volume Evacuation- In the interest of reducing aerosols we are using additional technologies that work to reduce the aerosols generated by routine dental care.