Important Update from the Team at Barkoff Dental
To Our Community,
We hope everyone is doing well and staying safe at home. Here at Barkoff Dental we understand that we have an obligation to set an example and keep all of our patients and team members safe. We wanted to update you about what we do here on a daily basis to minimize the exposure of our patients and team members to any pathogens, including the new Coronavirus, COVID-19.
First and foremost, we have always followed Universal Precautions for the safety and welfare of both our patients and staff.
- Always wearing new, disposable gloves while treating each patient.
- Wearing a facemask covering our mouth and nose and protective eye wear while treating patients.
- Thoroughly scrubbing our hands with antibacterial soap between every patient.
- Cleaning the treatment chair, the countertops and cabinets in the room after we see each patient with the highest-level disinfecting towelettes designed for hospitals and other healthcare settings.
- All our instruments are run through a professional medical dishwasher, individually bagged, and heat sterilized to medical facility standards.
In our non-treatment areas, we are increasing our diligence in wiping our counters and doorknobs excessively during the day with hospital grade disinfectant wipes. We have hand sanitizer available in the check-in and check-out areas, in the reception area, as well as outside all treatment rooms for use by patients and staff.
During this unique time we have added additional protocols to keep our patients and staff members healthy. This includes a questionnaire and a temperature check that must be completed by anyone who enters the office, staff included. Additionally we ask our patients and families for the following considerations:
- Please limit the number of friends and family members attending appointments.
- Please advise us if you have traveled domestically or internationally within two weeks of your scheduled appointment.
- If any member of your family is feeling ill, please call our office to reschedule your appointment or your child’s appointment. Please do not come into the office if you yourself are not feeling well.
- We are going to minimize our team’s physical contact right now with patients and families, so we have asked our team members not to shake hands or hug.
We will continue to monitor the American Dental Association’s and the New York State Department of Health’s recommendations for dentists based on CDC guidelines. We hope our efforts help put you at ease. Please feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns you may have during this time at (516) 921-1133.
In good health,
Peter Barkoff, DDS