When it comes to artificial teeth, dental implants are the best quality. For patients who need to replace all of their teeth, the options include traditional dentures and implant supported dentures. Traditional dentures may be more affordable, but the advantages end there. Full mouth dental implants (implant supported dentures) offer many benefits over traditional dentures.
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root made of titanium that is surgically placed in the jaw. The implant fuses with the bone to form a solid bond that is as secure as a natural tooth root. One dental implant can support an artificial crown to replace a single tooth. When all of the teeth need to be replaced, multiple dental implants can support a full denture.
Benefits of Implant Supported Dentures
Implant supported dentures offer many benefits:
- Security. Implant supported dentures are held securely in place by 4-6 dental implants. Some are removable and some are fixed in place, but the hold is stronger than traditional dentures that are held in place by suction and adhesives.
- Strength. Full mouth dental implants provide a bite and chewing strength that rivals your natural teeth. You can eat the foods you love without worrying about pain or damaging your dentures.
- Natural look. Implant supported dentures look more natural because they are held in place more like your natural teeth.
- Comfort. Full mouth dental implants are more comfortable because they don’t slip out of place or pinch and chafe your gums.
- Implants last a lifetime. Dental implants can last for the rest of your life. Once the implant fuses with your jaw bone, it is permanently bonded. Your dentures may eventually wear out and need to be replaced, but the implants will be fine.
Average Cost of Full Mouth of Dental Implants
The cost of full mouth dental implants may range anywhere from $7,000 to $90,000 depending on the varying degrees of restoration needed and materials used to accomplish full mouth restoration.
Why is the Cost So High?
Many patients wonder why full mouth dental implants cost so much. The main reason is the quality and extensive time it takes to plan and fabricate this type of prosthetic. Full mouth dental implants completely replace all of the teeth in your mouth with a fully functional, natural looking set of artificial teeth. When it comes to dental prosthetics, there is no higher quality than implant supported dentures.
Barkoff Dental Provides Full Mouth Dental Implants
If you’re looking for a dentist who can provide you with full mouth dental implants in Nassau County, New York, Barkoff Dental is a leading provider in the area. We provide the highest quality dental implants and implant supported dentures to restore the look and function of your smile.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dental Implants
Are dental implants covered by insurance?
Some dental insurance plans and providers cover dental implants and others don’t. You can contact your insurance provider or refer to your benefits guide for more information about your plan. In some cases you can upgrade your plan or purchase coverage for dental implants if you are planning to get them.
How can I afford dental implants?
There are plenty of financing options available to make dental implants more affordable, such as CareCredit. You can also use your Flex Spending Account (FSA) or your Health Savings Account (HSA).